I have spent hours researching different award winning chili recipes. After trying many different versions I have come up with one that is simply the world’s best chili recipe period. The best thing about chili is you can use any kind of meat, peppers, and spices that you want and you can make it as hot or sweet as you want. I personally like a chili that is thick and meaty. At chili cookoff competitions there are 2 categories, professional (no beans) and amateur (with beans). I always make chili the professional style and if someone wants to add beans they can add them to their bowl.
1 large onion
1 green bell pepper
2 anaheim peppers
6 cherry peppers
4 jalapeno peppers
2 habanero peppers (if you want it hot)
4 cloves of garlic
1 medium chuck roast finely chopped (fat removed)
1 pound of lean ground beef or venison
1 pound of spicy chorizo sausage (casing removed)
5 slices of bacon
1/2 cup of chili powder
1/4 cup of ground cumin
2 tablespoons of paprika
2 tablespoons of oregano
2 tablespoons of salt
2 packets of splenda or sugar
1/4 cup of molassas
1/2 cup of coffee
2 (12 ounce) cans of tomato paste
1 (12 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
1 large bottle of guiness stout
1. Cook bacon in frying pan until cooked. Remove bacon and reserve fat.
2. Chop onions and peppers and heat in large pot over medium heat in some bacon fat. Cook until peppers and onion are softened. Add the meats and cook until browned. Stir in chopped tomatoes, garlic, and tomato paste. Season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt and sugar. Add the bottle of beer.
3. Bring to boil over high heat. Add coffee and molassas and simmer for one hour.
4. Crush bacon and add before serving.
* If you like your chili hot hot hot, you can add cayenne pepper to this recipe . I purchased ground ghost chili on mysagespice.com which heats it up big time !!!
Serve with shredded cheese, beans (if desired) sour creme, or chopped red onions. If you want to turn it into chili mac, serve over spaghetti noodles.